Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why are there soo many people using ABS? I cant see why you need it?

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi guys ive been playing with abs since the first day i got it, and im using controller on ps3. but i see so many people using steering wheel and pedals and they are using ABS. I'm not complaining about them using ABS because I use other assists but I dont see why people are using, I hardly ever lock up my brakes? I do sometimes but i quickly fix it, so it should be really easy with pedals. BTw ive turned tyre sim and fuel sim on.

Posted · Report post

Im playing on Xbox 360 with no assists on at all and find it more realistic. If you have a good car set up and are super delicate with applying gas and brake there shouldnt be a need. So I tend to agree with you on that score!

Posted · Report post

I havent spent much time racing and am just learning the tracks but will soon look at manual gears and taking ABS and traction control off. I think I'll wait until I get the nice wheel though...

Posted · Report post

OK I tried ABS and TC off plus manual gears last night and best I managed on my favorite track was 1.5 seconds slower than my personal best. The good news was that I did about 15 laps and was getting closer all the time and it made me drive better. Concentration even for one lap was intense

Cheers

Posted · Report post

I like to keep it real folks, am currently in Career mode in a Williams, setting is on legend, no traction control or ABS, all assists are off. A real challenge, practice and patience are key, and time with trying to set up the car!!

Posted · Report post

because even with ABS on you STILL lock up. so it off is is very tricky

Posted · Report post

Umm, I dont agree with that ipswich1992, I dont lock up but when i do it like minor, and it only happens when i press on the brake like straight away full on into a hairpin or something. And its not because Im a good driver, because i know there are people out there who drive much much better than i do so i dont see why you guys fins it so hard.

Posted · Report post

i see what you mean, even without abs i rarely lock up, its much easier braking than 2010, the only track i have brake locking problems with is singapore

Posted · Report post

I don't agree, I lock up with ABS on, and more so with it off. Sometimes it's because of my entry to the corner, but I know it's not only me.

Posted · Report post

im with derrick here, even with abs on it is tricky on a pad. so with it off it nearly impossible, especially at singapore lool

Posted · Report post

You will never see the difference if use traction control. Idont use aids, and y usally set the brake pressure low to find some abs effect... breaking closer to corner without locking tyres..

Posted · Report post

ye with TC off ABS had no real effect tbh , but with it on you need ABS on really , cos you lock up even with it on lol