Photo
- - - - -

Why are there soo many people using ABS? I cant see why you need it?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 strides21

strides21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

Hi guys ive been playing with abs since the first day i got it, and im using controller on ps3. but i see so many people using steering wheel and pedals and they are using ABS. I'm not complaining about them using ABS because I use other assists but I dont see why people are using, I hardly ever lock up my brakes? I do sometimes but i quickly fix it, so it should be really easy with pedals. BTw ive turned tyre sim and fuel sim on.

#2 Guest_NICKMUCKLOW1983_*

Guest_NICKMUCKLOW1983_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Im playing on Xbox 360 with no assists on at all and find it more realistic. If you have a good car set up and are super delicate with applying gas and brake there shouldnt be a need. So I tend to agree with you on that score!

#3 Guest_ziggy12345_*

Guest_ziggy12345_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

I havent spent much time racing and am just learning the tracks but will soon look at manual gears and taking ABS and traction control off. I think I'll wait until I get the nice wheel though...

#4 Guest_ziggy12345_*

Guest_ziggy12345_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

OK I tried ABS and TC off plus manual gears last night and best I managed on my favorite track was 1.5 seconds slower than my personal best. The good news was that I did about 15 laps and was getting closer all the time and it made me drive better. Concentration even for one lap was intense

Cheers

#5 Guest_DeanyF1_*

Guest_DeanyF1_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

I like to keep it real folks, am currently in Career mode in a Williams, setting is on legend, no traction control or ABS, all assists are off. A real challenge, practice and patience are key, and time with trying to set up the car!!

#6 ipswich1992

ipswich1992

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

because even with ABS on you STILL lock up. so it off is is very tricky

#7 strides21

strides21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Umm, I dont agree with that ipswich1992, I dont lock up but when i do it like minor, and it only happens when i press on the brake like straight away full on into a hairpin or something. And its not because Im a good driver, because i know there are people out there who drive much much better than i do so i dont see why you guys fins it so hard.

#8 Shadowstriker

Shadowstriker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

i see what you mean, even without abs i rarely lock up, its much easier braking than 2010, the only track i have brake locking problems with is singapore

#9 Derrick

Derrick

Contributer

• Moderators
  • 404 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

I don't agree, I lock up with ABS on, and more so with it off. Sometimes it's because of my entry to the corner, but I know it's not only me.

#10 ipswich1992

ipswich1992

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

im with derrick here, even with abs on it is tricky on a pad. so with it off it nearly impossible, especially at singapore lool

#11 Guest_ziyadelkadar_*

Guest_ziyadelkadar_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

You will never see the difference if use traction control. Idont use aids, and y usally set the brake pressure low to find some abs effect... breaking closer to corner without locking tyres..

#12 ipswich1992

ipswich1992

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

ye with TC off ABS had no real effect tbh , but with it on you need ABS on really , cos you lock up even with it on lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users