• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Dafer

Dafer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

Button took out Vettel on Monte Carlo, carbon fibre every where and still no saftey car what must happen for the safety car to come out. I mean there would of been no way they could clear that quick

#2 Shadowstriker

Shadowstriker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

me too, back marker spun in valencia, and alonso went straight into him(i managed to dodge luckily)

i have done 6-7 50% races in career, still no safety car

#3 Dafer

Dafer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm only on 25% and professional, its stupid, there is obviously a safety car in the game as in the champions mode there is one on the Button challenge

#4 Vito

Vito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

I watched Singapore GP yesterday on TV and there was SC 3 or 4 times... I am eagerly looking forward Singapore in my Career... maybe there.

#5 Dafer

Dafer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

I watched Singapore GP yesterday on TV and there was SC 3 or 4 times... I am eagerly looking forward Singapore in my Career... maybe there.

I have just played it there and I "accendtly" put someone into the wall and still no safety car. Why put it in there if that certain feature does not make an appearance

#6 Vito

Vito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

There must be SC somewhere. If anybody see it please make some feedback when and how it appeared.

#7 deadRiPP

deadRiPP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

in monaco on slowest turn, i used brake too early and they hit me, since i drive hrt and was positioned 10th, i made a whole train of cars behind me and that caused chain reaction, and pace car went out

#8 Vito

Vito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Thanks. What was your race lenght? Full or reduced flags & rules do you play? I don't know does it matters or not but you never know.

#9 Mg42Killer

Mg42Killer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

I just done the Canadian GP and we had a safety car period, I and Hamilton both crashed on the entry and exit of the last chicane and caused the slower lapped cars to crash too, 4 Cars retired due to this (They were Maldonando,Hamilton, Petrov and De La Rosa. I luckly escaped with a Broken Front Wing and a Damaged Suspeion and Rear Wing. It was on 100% and Rules was on Realistic.

#10 Dafer

Dafer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

I just done the Canadian GP and we had a safety car period, I and Hamilton both crashed on the entry and exit of the last chicane and caused the slower lapped cars to crash too, 4 Cars retired due to this (They were Maldonando,Hamilton, Petrov and De La Rosa. I luckly escaped with a Broken Front Wing and a Damaged Suspeion and Rear Wing. It was on 100% and Rules was on Realistic.

So it looks like the longer the race the more chance of a SC, what difficulty are you playing on

#11 James

James

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 553 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Damaged suspension and rear wing?
  • Dafer likes this

icontexto_inside_facebook.pngicontexto_inside_twitter.pngicontexto_inside_youtube.png

#12 Mg42Killer

Mg42Killer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Damaged suspension and rear wing?

Yeah, the Rear Wing damage does show on the little menue, when you check the tyre wear and that. The suspenstion didn't tell you but the feeling of the car around few cars seem very off then it was the lap before the insident. Rear Wing had a yellow on it on the little side menu in the race.

#13 Mg42Killer

Mg42Killer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

With the suspension, maybe it was damaged or it just that it felt different and wasn't really damaged.

#14 Shadowstriker

Shadowstriker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

codemasters need to fix this to have it come out more

whats the point in it if it never comes out

#15 Banton

Banton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

In Monaco I had a 29second lead by the end of the first lap because Hamilton (P2) spun in torrential rain at Turn 1 causing the rest of the field to crash/stop behind him. 10 second penalty for Hamilton, 6 retired from damage, not a Safety Car in sight.

Is it possible the Safety Cars are only for 100% races as they may cause too much of a detriment to shorter races? I'd prefer them for the realism, but it would seem a logical argument.

#16 HAMEU

HAMEU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

In Monaco I had a 29second lead by the end of the first lap because Hamilton (P2) spun in torrential rain at Turn 1 causing the rest of the field to crash/stop behind him. 10 second penalty for Hamilton, 6 retired from damage, not a Safety Car in sight.

Is it possible the Safety Cars are only for 100% races as they may cause too much of a detriment to shorter races? I'd prefer them for the realism, but it would seem a logical argument.

Are you sure you have the safety car option turned ON, and not OFF? Cause I've seen the safety car multiple times. Of course I've always been more or less involved in the accidents... :D

#17 Dafer

Dafer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Are you sure you have the safety car option turned ON, and not OFF? Cause I've seen the safety car multiple times. Of course I've always been more or less involved in the accidents... :D

I'm on my career settings now and there is no settings that allow me to to turn safety car on
  • Vito likes this

#18 Vito

Vito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

I can't turn it on or off in career. In quick race there is this option but in career I can't.

#19 Vito

Vito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

In Monaco I just made a complete massacre in turn 1, many cars involved. SC was nowhere but damaged cars just disappeared in an eye blink. Career mode, 25 %, reduced rules.

#20 BG Chucky 82

BG Chucky 82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well I have not bought the game as not enough cash on me but I hired it, cant go online but thats fine for now.

On topic first race and I got the safety car out, I didnt try but it happened. Had rules on realistic but race length on 25% so the idea of it having to be a long race are false.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users