• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 radarnz

radarnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

I had just qualified with an option set of tyres. At the race start my tyres where the prime set.
Not sure but are you having the same issue and maybe the bug could be fixed?

#2 ChrisG

ChrisG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

If you qualified below 10th then it is most likely that the team put you in the strategy to start you on the primes rather than your options you qualified on
  • EnvoyExtreme likes this

#3 Vito

Vito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

ChrisG is right. There is a tyre clue in real F1 as he described it. Below 10 you can choose your starting set of tyres and can drive an alternative tactic based on long runs between pit stops.

The only thing that I never seen AI drivers starting on primes. Even if they can't get into Q2 they choose option tyres and normal pit stop plan. That is a mistake from CM in my opinion which should be fixed as soon as possible. I would like to see AI trying different plans to improve their bad starting position.

Another example is my last race. There was 88 percent chance to rain by the forecast. I thought it is pretty sure that I will need intermediates or wets sooner or later so started on primes to be sure I won't need extra pit stop to change them. The others started on options of course again... In lap 8-9 they were all after stop and driving on primes. I was on my starter primes yet. Next lap thin rain came and circuit started to fill up with water. I stayed out 3 further laps, AI went out for intermediates. Then I got into box and changed to wets. I had 1 stop and they had now 2, but soon they slided all over the track and had to change wets too. So I made it with only one stop not three as they did. What do you think who has win the race?

#4 Akuma2000

Akuma2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Lmaoooo....that's cool Vito, i think that's how a race should go (strategizing your tires with rain etc..)

How many laps are running in your races ?

#5 bub666

bub666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

I got a bit confused at this i know the rule if u start below 10th u can choose wot tyres u want. But in 2011 u only ever had the super softs, softs and hard compounds but in 2012 u get super softs, softs, medium and hard, and in some races like monza u use the medium compound as options and hard compound as primes, but yh that confused me at first cause i wondering where the yellow striped tyres where n thn i realised haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users