13 replies to this topic

#1 ROBINBANKS

ROBINBANKS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hi guys,

I posted here a while ago regarding my 'understeer' issue. Well, I've tested with the controller and guess what?! The understeer isn't there! I'm assuming its my wheel setup.

So, my next question to you amazing people out there is: Does anyone have a good setup, which does not create any understeer, for a Microsoft wireless wheel?? I'd be very grateful if you could divulge such information.

Love as always

Robin x

#2 EnvoyExtreme

EnvoyExtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationBristol, England

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

This is an difficult question because there can't be 1 set up for all tracks because, F1 Tracks have different downforce levels, some require more breaking than some an some races can be wet. Go to http://f1carsetup.co...f1-2012-setups/ this is where people posted tere set ups. I commonly postes car setups. Currently on my 3rd Season with Mercedes, so I had time to find the perfect set up. However, advice to all who do uses the set ups, it's okay to tweak the set up, so that you feel comfortable with the car. I'm an aggressive driver but I do car for my tyres. where's some my be Smooth all around.

Finally, when you do a set up, You can save it in your garage during Practice or before you exit the pits in Q1.

#3 ROBINBANKS

ROBINBANKS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thanks, but I'm talking about my wheel setup, not the car setup. Saturation, linearity and the like.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks.

#4 EnvoyExtreme

EnvoyExtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Okay, well there shouldn't be much difference between Wheel Set Ups, Any advice I can think of atm is make sure all components work fine and that they aren't stiffen. Also, Use the stand set up from a Controller on the Steering Wheel but don't worry about Accelerator and Brakes, the Gears. Since you got it already covered with the Wheel and Pedals.

Sorry if that ain't much help

On a Personal Note, I use an gaming chair myself, it's expensive but I got it cheaper 2nd Hand, decent condition. It's called a Vision Racer vr3 (Standard package)

#5 Beroder

Beroder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hi guys,

I posted here a while ago regarding my 'understeer' issue. Well, I've tested with the controller and guess what?! The understeer isn't there! I'm assuming its my wheel setup.

So, my next question to you amazing people out there is: Does anyone have a good setup, which does not create any understeer, for a Microsoft wireless wheel?? I'd be very grateful if you could divulge such information.

Love as always

Robin x

Understeer was never there since the beggining with the controller because this game made for controller users, i doenst matter what wheel set up you use, you will always get understeer, this was a bug by codemasters but its fixed now with patch #4 i think, but only for PC. For console users we're still waiting for the patch release, meanwhile we still have to use F12011 or drive with understeer.

#6 EnvoyExtreme

EnvoyExtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

For console users we're still waiting for the patch release, meanwhile we still have to use F12011 or drive with understeer.

With that, I nearly completed my 3rd season and there has only been 2 GPs, Italy Season 2 and Singapore Season 3, where I had understeer. If anything i don't know why, On most tracks, I suffer from Oversteer on an occasion or 2.

#7 cjwhuish

cjwhuish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

might be strange but i seem to get more understeer in the dry than i have with the wet in china, but its not a consistant under steer, sometimes it does grip then others it doesnt, even when i slow down mid corner the understeer doesnt correct, its as if the front just keeps sliding and never finds the grip point, im using the thrustmaster ferrari italia wheel,

#8 ROBINBANKS

ROBINBANKS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for all of your replies guys.

Do we know when this patch will be released for the XBOX?

Cheers.

#9 EnvoyExtreme

EnvoyExtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for all of your replies guys.

Do we know when this patch will be released for the XBOX?

Cheers.

Nope, I did hear from a few friends that something should be out within a weeks time but I doubt it

#10 bub666

bub666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

If u go on youtube theres a video on there that will help u set ur wheel up for f1 2012.. hope it helps

#11 Racing-Bull

Racing-Bull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Madcats MC2 setups????

#12 ROBINBANKS

ROBINBANKS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Thanks. Do you have a link to the YouTube video, bub666? I've already tried a few and tinkered with it myself.

Racing-Bull, where can I find this setup?

Thank you!

#13 bub666

bub666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Just go on youtube and type in f1 2012 wheel settings and quite a few vids will come up for all different types of wheels

#14 Jonno

Jonno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Thanks, but I'm talking about my wheel setup, not the car setup. Saturation, linearity and the like.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks.

Here's a good example. For my Mad Catz Force Feedback Racing Wheel I set the steering saturation between 20-25% (this allows you to turn the wheel left and right less). I found that with a proper setting of steering saturation, I spun out less because you don't have to turn the wheel so rigorously. Another important adjustment to make is the Steering Linearity. The linearity helps keep the car moving in a straight line. If you find yourself spiraling out of control from turning, the linearity will help lower the turning sensitivity. I have the linearity set for 10%, Note: if you set the linearity too high, the car will not turn left or right. Now my settings are going to differ from other users because of four things: console type, brand of racing wheel, Driver assists, and overall comfort. You will have to adjust the settings according to your style. I found that once I set the proper adjustments, the cars handled much better. As you start removing Driver Assists, you may have to adjust these settings once more to better the driving handling.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users