Brakes
Brake Pressure: 78%
Brake Bias: 55%

Tyres
Front Tyre Pressure: 23.0
Rear Tyre Pressure: 21.5

Weight
Ballast: 8

This was actually designed with a dry setup in mind, and it was perfectly okay for dry setup (PB 1:17.055, which isn't terrible for a Manor in career mode), but i'm convinced the time was only as good at that partly because i'm just very quick around this track; it's one of my favourites. However, whilst the practice sessions and Q1 were dry sessions, Q2 and Q3 (and the race) were wet (light rain). And this setup actually got me pole. IN A MANOR! ON LEGEND AI!

However, there are a few things you should know about this setup:

GOOD:
- Very quick on a 'perfect lap'. I pulled away from the rest of the pack at a rate of around 0.2 seconds per lap.
- Great straight-line acceleration, and great grip in slow corners like Lowes Hairpin and Rascasse.
- Tons of front grip, giving you confidence in the sections you can commonly make up heaps of time (notably the Nouvelle Chicane and the turns 15-16 chicane)

BAD:
- There is zero grip in the run up the hill to Turn 2. The straight-line traction is fine, but the bumps and the slight strafing of left to right will make you dance like a rat on a hotplate. The good news is that if you survive that, after braking for Massinet you can get back onto the power earlier than you'd think.
- Watch yourself as you come out of the tunnel. Basically as soon as you see daylight (and get in a straight line), you need to be braking (if you run assists you can probably afford to brake later, obviously). Braking very early sounds bad, but it allows you to control the speed going into the Nouvelle Chicane. There's lots of front grip, so you can hop the kerbs and fly through the chicane faster than you perhaps should do.
- If you're gonna lose time anywhere on this track, i'd say it'd be through Tabac. There's not as much downforce as i'd like on this car for that corner, so I found I had to brake more for this corner than I wanted to.

On 8/23/2016 at 7:31 PM, James said:

Dry?

Some people seem to find a wet setup on tracks like Monaco a lot better for them due to the setup's being easier to handle (As they are designed to be used on slippy conditions trying to find grip etc).

I on the other hand cannot do a lap of Monaco in any setup. The hairpin I can never get around. No matter what I try, my front wing is hitting the barrier on the outside... Annoying.

Team
McLaren

Lap Time
1:27.542

Race Mode
Time Trail

Weather
Wet

Format
PC

Controller Type
Wheel